CPA & Accounting Jobs in Saint John NB
We are always searching for talented people with real world experience to join our tax and accounting practice. We seek to employ motivated accountants with strong client focus and high levels of aptitude.
If you are interested in using your skills to make a difference for clients, and in working for a firm that makes an impact in the local community, take the first step towards joining our team.
Our business is constantly evolving, and so are our staffing needs. If there aren't any openings listed below, please check again. New career opportunities arise on an ongoing basis.
J. K. Whittaker & Associates is an established and growing CPA firm located in Saint John, N.B. We provide our corporate clients with all the services they require to manage their financial health including assisting them with their own internal bookkeeping. To meet this objective, we are currently seeking to hire an individual to join our bookkeeping department. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Assisting clients in establishing internal accounting systems, primarily:
- QuickBooks Online
- Sage 50, Sage 1 (Simply Accounting)
- Support and training with regards to internal accounting systems.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual bookkeeping
- Preparation of HST filings
- Preparation of payroll and required remittances
- Reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum two years bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records and the ability to analyze data
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online and\or Sage
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving skills, both verbally and written
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Ability to work well with varying clients
If you have these qualifications and would like to join our team, please send your resume to:
Thank you for your interest in our firm. Only selected candidates will be contacted.